Carrapateena – Oz Minerals
The initial baseline assessment for the Carrapateena Project was first undertaken by EBS Ecology in 2012, with ongoing flora and fauna monitoring continued by EBS up to and including spring 2017. The ecological monitoring has included:
- Determining the abundance and species richness of mammals and reptiles
- Measuring the cover and species richness of flora species
- Measuring changes in canopy cover at control and impact sites
- Measuring avian species richness and abundance; and
- Making comparisons and reporting on the richness and abundance for values observed from previous monitoring and baseline surveys.
EBS Ecology has also supported Oz Minerals from an approvals perspective which has included but is not limited to submitting the approvals ecological baseline report, completing EPBC species profiles and reports and impact assessments.