Palmer Wind Farm – Tilt Renewables
EBS Ecology was first contracted by Trustpower Australia Holdings Pty Ltd (now Tilt Renewables) back in 2012, with final studies and reporting completed in 2015. Key tasks and roles that were undertaken by EBS staff included:
- Flora and Fauna Assessment:
- Vegetation condition mapping, determined using criteria adopted by the Native Vegetation Council to calculate Significant Environmental Benefit (SEB) offset requirements for native vegetation clearance;
- Mammal/reptile/avifauna (birds and bats) targeted surveys;
- Targeted survey for Iron-grass (Lomandra effusa – L. multiflora ssp. dura) Natural Temperate Grassland of South Australia and Peppermint Box (Eucalyptus odorata);
- Targeted Pygmy Blue-tongue Lizard (Tiliqua adelaidensis) survey.
- Determination of an EPBC referral;
- Native Vegetation Clearance Report;
- Rehabilitation Plan;
- Weed management plan; and
- Responses to public submissions and expert witness statement and attendance at the Environment, Resources and Development (ERD) Court (2017).